Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Melifluous Morning….Well, almost!

Its 6:15 AM in the morning. I am standing in my balcony with my cup of tea, biscuits and a good book. The weather is just perfect. Its gloomy, not warm, not cold, the right amount of chill in the breeze and the gentle breeze that touches you every few seconds and makes the skin feel Goosebumps.

The crickets or whatever insects are hissing like kinder garden kids in the last bench whispering to each other in the presence of a teacher. The birds have starting tuning up and are slowly starting their orchestra. Each bird has a unique sound. One whistling, one cooing, one crowing, one sounding like a flute. A couple of women are going for a walk. The sound of their heals going “churk” “churk”. At a distance, I thought I could faintly hear Skanda Shashit Kavasam, a tamil religious song. I am not sure if the song was my imagination. But, in all, the sounds were slowly coming together to make a perfect symphony.

My mind waking up slowly enjoying the morning raga. Ah! the freshness of a beautiful morning.

The dogs started barking at a distance and then it happened. A van that came in to the EMPTY street but the fricking driver blaring the darn horn putting a full stop to the crickets, birds and every sound of nature. The peace in me vanished and my mind started foul mouthing that Ba*****. It just took a couple of seconds for that fool to spoil the happiness of so many souls.

Damn the dogs and God Damn the stupid, brainless human beings that cannot, for a moment, enjoy the beauty that is all around them. As Calvin says “The surest sign that intelligent life exists outside earth, is that they never tried to contact us”. True! I guess all the intelligent life exists outside the earth. Mother Earth! you are an unfortunate soul!

No comments: